Other parts of this series:
- Blockchain: The newest solution for financial firms?
- Blockchain for Finance & Risk? We say, absolutely.
- A look at blockchain use in finance and risk
- Five ways to use blockchain for finance and risk
- When it comes to blockchain for Finance & Risk, Accenture can help
- Blockchain in finance and risk - know its limitations
Throughout this blog series, we’ve looked at what blockchain can do for financial firms—and it turns out, blockchain can do a lot.
Accenture is collaborating with several key industry players to build out industry-leading blockchain solutions. Our alliances and relationships with various firms and consortia across the blockchain ecosystem include:
- Digital Asset Holdings, LLC, a firm specializing in post trade processing;
- Ripple Labs, Inc., which provides enterprise distributed financial technology to banks; and
- Hyperledger™ (The Linux Foundation), a collaborative open-source effort to develop blockchain technology for business and the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance™ (Ethereum Foundation).
Accenture offers clients a complete view of the blockchain-based technology landscape and its potential business implications. Our global team of specialists works with each client to help build smart strategies around effective use cases, investment and implementation.
Our Blockchain Centre of Excellence, in our Sophia Antipolis R&D lab, is leading the way in distributed ledger technologies across financial services. The Lab facilitates solutions across all the distributed ledger technologies (public and private), with industry verticalization and domain specialization (Internet of Things (IoT), transactions, voting, messaging, etc.), underpinned by some of the best underlying technologies from start-ups, our own key alliances and the open source community.
Our offerings in the blockchain space include:
- Strategy Assessment: Blockchain applicability, business impact and deployment strategy assessment
- Blockchain Bootcamps: Technology leadership workshops for hands-on advanced training and rapid prototyping
- Blockchain Sandboxes: Rapid development environments featuring a suite of blockchain tool sets, customized proofs of concept and proofs of value, end-to-end existing technology assessment, and configuration and integration recommendations
- Blockchain Solution Design: Holistic solution design that encompasses people, process, operating model and technology
- Solution Build & Implementation: Complex implementation management, third-party vendor integration and custom coding
- Blockchain Assets and Solutions: Proprietary software add-ons, such as redaction and key management, including hardware security modules
We’ve spent several posts exploring the advantages blockchain can bring to financial firms. But its potential is not limitless. Our next post will explore the limitations around blockchain and what to expect moving forward.